Re: [oletrucks] bbc numbers

To: "mark" <ccpanel@jps.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bbc numbers
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:46:58 -0700
My '72 Chevy pickup (350/350 turbo) did not have HEI when I got it five
years ago.  Neither did the '73 Chevelle I parted out last year.  The '75
Chevy pickup I owned years ago did have HEI and probably was original.

I think '74 was the first year for HEI in pickups.  I say that because I
knew a guy who bought a Blazer in '74 and wanted to remove his HEI and put a
point type in because he didn't understand the HEI.

My '72 now does have HEI, but its because I converted last time it needed
points.  The other thing to know about that truck is that it had a
Goodwrench motor in it when I got it, and I only presume it was
long-blocked, and distributor and other externals came from the original.

All that to say its too easy to convert the distributor for that to be
conclusive.

This block number, is it the serial number that would be stamped on the deck
and visible just in front of the head?