[oletrucks] Domelight in TF trucks

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Domelight in TF trucks
From: "William L. Bailey" <billb1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:46:40 -0400
Can anyone tell me why the domelight in TF trucks is a dual filament bulb?
Mine has never worked since I got the truck and I'm trying to tie up the
loose ends now. I expected a single filament which would run from a switched
hot on the headlight switch and would ground to the chassis through the
screw that holds the domelight to the roof sheetmetal. Instead upon checking
the wiring digram it shows one filament going to an always hot (at least on
my headlight switch) "D" terminal and the other filament going to a switched
ground on the headlight switch. To me that seemed to indicate that one
filament would always be burning and the other filament wouldn't do anything
at all which of course makes no sense. I confirmed this by hooking it up on
my bench and that is how it worked. I know this shouldn't be hard but darn
if it hasn't got me scratching my head. I think I'm missing some piece of
the puzzle here.

Bill