[oletrucks] Question-250 inline 6

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Question-250 inline 6
From: "Devin Timmons" <64bowtie@quik.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:25:09 -0700
I had a '69 Burb till about a year ago.  Mine was a 3/4 ton, 2wd with 350/400
combo and 4.10s in the rear.  I used it for all the things one would use a
truck for primarily hauling and towing.  I sat it on the ground with drop
coils, and put poly bushings all arond in it, and yes it had coils in the rear
too, got springs from Eaton.  Anyway, it had all kinds of load capacity, even
sitting low, and with the low ratio in the rear it pulled ok, but I was really
wanting to put in a 454 for grunt.  I would think that a 250 would just be too
gutless for any serious work in a vehicle that weighs 5400 lbs empty(I had
mine across the scales at the dump many times)

Devin