[oletrucks] Upholstery question

To: "Oldchevytrucks (E-mail)" <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Upholstery question
From: Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM <Karen.Duff@ctbrad.ang.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:41:17 -0000
my 53 needs some interior help.  I am about to order the seat cover, door
panels and headliner for my truck.  I know the seat should be maroon, but
what color was the original for the 53 door panel and headliner....Jim
carters catalog says brown...which i think would match that interior paint
we call champagne...BUT, my interior is a silver metallic gray type of
color...which I think is original (but remember still a newbie).so I think
maybe, my truck had gray panels, or should have anyways.....So, I'm looking
for some expert advice...eventually the interior will be repainted, but not
this summer......so throw your comments at me...

If the panels should be brown, does that mean eventually i'll paint the
interior champagne...or could my interior possibly have been this silver
gray color...which I have seen for sale as an interior color for the AD
trucks...?

Also, if anyone has bought this stuff and can recommend a good vendor for
such...i'd appreciate all comments, i'm currently researching all prices
from all our usual vendors..including Chevy Duty!

Karen Duff
53 3100