Re: [oletrucks] tail light question

To: <ggarrison@hagemeyerna.com>, "Truck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tail light question
From: jrdorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:15:46 -0500
Chuck,
it does sound like a ground problem, but first be sure that the wires
are going to the correct filaments.

Are you using stock contacts in the door jambs on both sides? that could
be giving power contact problems as well.

If you have the lights wired straight without using the contacts you
should run a ground wire to each light. Clean one mounting nut on each
light and put the eyelet there. Run the wires together and then to a
clean spot on the frame.

I have to have a ground wire on my panel to have it light at all! hinges
are notoriously poor grounds.

Also check to be sure the light socket is clean and snug on the bulb. My
socket had corroded from disuse and i had to sandpaper the inside for
the bulb to make contact, and squeeze it together (gently! carefully!!)
to make better contact.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula FL