Re: [oletrucks] maybe off topic, then again maybe not

To: "Tom Cooper" <c_tom@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] maybe off topic, then again maybe not
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:31:55 -0500
Tom, most everything is same as a Malibu car on those. If you get a Haynes
book for 78-87 Malibu it should be same as Camino or maybe it even lists the
truck in it's coverage. They use a wagon frame and remove the metal from
rear. The side windows are cut down from car type. Have to watch out for
leakage/rot behind drivers seat, where the spare tire tucks undet a cover in
back of cab and goes under bed some. If you look on top front of bed floor,
you will see the first 2ft or so has a removable panel. It often leaks/rusts
here and drains into the spare cavity, then down to floor under carpet, and
rots that area out. Many used trucks have a wet or damp carpet there or
holes in floor there. Lots of later ones had Air shocks with valve in gas
cap area. Can't think of anything else too diff from cars. Some had the
small V-sixes in them, or even the small 267 V-8 and 4spd trannies if a
stick with floor shifter. I suppose you could get a GM shop manual for big
bucks from company listed in back of most GM owner's manuals. Expect to pay
about $95 for those!

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com