[oletrucks] 1951 5-Window 1/2 Ton Questions

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1951 5-Window 1/2 Ton Questions
From: "Jimmie Sypolt" <jsypolt2001@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:10:22 -0700
I just bought the truck.  It's got the original engine with a '58 tranny and
rear end.  The tranny doesn't seem to match the cross member and nothing is
hooked up (brakes, shifter, no starter, etc.).  The body seems to be very
tight, little to no rust, shines a little bit when waxed, and the doors open
an close very quietly.  Window mechanisms work great and it has keys.

I think I may have an opportunity to get a +/- '80 Chevy Capri with 350 engine
and trans that runs excellent and taking the parts from that to put in the
'51.  I've never done a modification like this before, what should I look for?
Will this work? What other parts may I have to modify?  Any information anyone
can provide would be helpful.

Jim Sypolt
Vacaville, CA
jsypolt2001@earthlink.net