[oletrucks] 700R4 with rear engine crossmember

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] 700R4 with rear engine crossmember
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:03:31 -0700
I tried to put my engine and transmission in yesterday and the transmission
wouldn't go through the opening from the rear engine crossmember and the
bottom of the cab.  Do I have to remove this crossmember?  If so, should I
remove the rivets (its also the same ones that hold the brackets for the cab
mounts), or should I cut it on each side flush with the frame rails?  Will
it need more structural bracing?  I have the Mustang II crossmember up front
so that helps some.