Re: [oletrucks] old truck movies

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] old truck movies
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:19:34 -0500
There is a movie about fire fighters in the west that has a very nice truck
from the 1930s (I think that is its vintage anyway). I cannot remember the
name of the movie, but it may have been about the tragedy on Storm King
Mountain.

BobK
51 3600 5-window in pieces
Arnaudville, LA

                      Ss409409hp@aol.com

                      Sent by:                    To:
oletrucks@autox.team.net
                      owner-oletrucks@aut         cc:

                      ox.team.net                 Subject: [oletrucks] old
truck movies

                      09/08/02 04:27 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Ss409409hp

    I was watching Paul Muni in " I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang "(1932)

on tv drooling over all the old trucks and got to wondering what other
movies
had a lot of trucks prominant.I have "They Drive By Night "with Bogey,
George
Raft, and Ann Sheridan, but there have to be others. I remember one about
guys hauling explosives in South America, I think, from the Thirties or
Fourties. It's interesting to see them as they were, working trucks trying
make someone a living. Any other memories out there?
                                        Thanks,
Morgan Sellers
51 GMC 450 series road tractor
57 GMC 370 series road tractor