Re: [oletrucks] Odd request...may be a few weeks, though..

To: capt2th@tehama.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Odd request...may be a few weeks, though..
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:40:58 EDT
    Paul, I believe I have one, off a '58 or '59 Chevy panel truck. I bought
it for my '55 second Chevy Suburban. I believe it's in the back of the truck,
down at my aunt's farm, so I don't have ready access to it. I was going to
use it, and may still, but found out that the column length changed in '57,
so I'd have to swap out the whole column/steering box to go stock with
automatic. I found a '55 GMC version of the automatic column shift, in a 1.5
ton truck of all things, out in Colorado on a trip, and may wind up using
that. It has the same column as the pickups, and the shifter is adjustable up
and down the column, with an external clamp system so I may go with that, if
I ever get back to doing my Sub!
    Anyway, if no one else steps up to the plate sooner, remind me again in a
few weeks, and I'll jot it down to go pull that shifter out of my Suburban,
and see if the darn indicator is still on it. I don't remember, but I believe
it was all there when I got it. Finding it is another basket of eggs
altogether! Or, ball of wax. Maybe it's a different color...hey, yeah, a
horse! whatever the slang frase is! LOL.

Jerry Casper
'55 TF Suburban