[oletrucks] transmission engine fit

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] transmission engine fit
From: "Brian J Luebke" <luebkeb@zibsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:39:28 -0500
Hey gang,

I am thinking about modifying my 47 gmc.  I want to use a 4 speed
transmission from a 67 pickup and a 350 from an 87 suburban (fuel injected)

Will this engine match up to that tranny, bell housing etc?  I have both
bell housings, which one should I use, I'm guessing the one from the 67, but
will it fit on the back of that 350?

The four speed tranny out of the 67 used to have a 283 V8 in front of it.

Also, can anyone recommend a good rear-end to upgrade to open drive line?

Thanks

Brian