Re: [[oletrucks] nv4500]

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [[oletrucks] nv4500]
From: Scot Stockton <auriclux@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 06:17:00 -0700
mark,

> where did you get your nv4500 and do you like it? was it hard to
install-clearance probs... did you have to get a diff bellhousing or will it
bolt to any chevy bellhousing?

The tranny came from a chevy truck, so it bolted up to my Rat.  I had to call
around to different wreckers and pounce when one came in.

Positioning the drivetrain wasn't a problem, BUT I had expected to fab (or
have someone make) all of the mounts going in.  My floor is all chopped up
right now, and will be for a while - but it's kinda fun watching all the the
stuff pass by waaaayyyy down there.

And, yes, I do have a set of brakes that operates better than Fred
Flintstones.

And I love the tranny.  I'm also on 33's with some well arched springs.  I get
to look down to see the Muni Bus Drivers.

> im thining of putting one behind my 75 250 I-6 thats in my 52 GMC.
thoughts?

Other than Advanced Adapters (I'm sure you've checked) not really.

Scot