[oletrucks] it's not the clutch, so what next?

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] it's not the clutch, so what next?
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 10:25:00 -0600 (MDT)
I had another look (another listen, really) at my clutch problem, and it
turns out it's not a clutch problem.  The gears fully engage, and the
clutch pedal moves and feels like it should, but there's a bit of a
clunking noise when I give her some gas while in gear, and no motion in
any gear.  The truck refuses to stall in any gear, as well.  I'm thinking
this may be a problem in the transmission itself.  Any suggestions on
where to look first when I start taking things apart this weekend?

This is on a 1954 Chevy 1/2 ton with the original 4-speed tranny, by the
way.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Lloyd, lloyd@lasp.colorado.edu
"Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been
sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful,
rebellious, and immature." -- Tom Robbins
"The eyes of the world now look into space, to the moon and to the
planets beyond, and we have vowed that we shall not see it governed
by a hostile flag of conquest, but by a banner of freedom and peace."
-- John F. Kennedy