[oletrucks] Motor swap question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Motor swap question
From: DEWilliamson1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 16:02:13 EDT
Hello all .... I have a 58 chevy step side that I put a Camaro subframe
under.  The question I have is that I'm trying to set the motor up in it.
(400 chevy)  When I center the motor and transmission, the motor is unlevel
side to side.  Seems I remember when I took the motor apart there was a plate
between the block and motor mount on one side.  Could that be a spacer to
level the motor in the original vehicle?  Any suggestions?  More confusion to
the mix here.  Is the drive shaft yoke on the rear end center of the axle or
off set? (Camaro rear end)  It appears offset and that amount of offset, up
at the motor end would probably level things up.

Thanks Dave Williamson
Michigan