[oletrucks] Viking for sale

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Viking for sale
From: edngael@open.org
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:56:34 EST
Hi everybody,

I'm posting this for the people here at work.  The company is selling a 1959
Chevy Viking 60, I think that's a 2 1/2 ton.  It has "27,900" on both doors.
A large 6 cylinder engine, but to be honest I can't tell the difference between
the different 6's.  The mechanic says it's supposed to be a 235, at least the
stuff they bought for one worked.  Floor shifter, so I assume it's a 4 speed
but the people who drive it now only go around the plant grounds, so never get
that high.  There is some stuff on it I'd like for my pickup, but I would
prefer to see it fixed up better and driven. It's too long to go around my
corner and onto the bridge on my drive way, so I could never use it.

Here's a bunch of observations I made, in no particular order:

Location:  Stayton, Oregon
runs, I've seen them drive it around
Odometer reads 51,077.  Ray says it's probably been around.
oil bath air filter
NAPA gold oil filter, spin on
rust at rear of both fenders
cab corners OK
2 speed axle, but there's a tag on the pull nob in the cab saying not to pull
it out into high speed
deluxe heater, doesn't work
lots of free play in clutch  (I didn't drive it.)
brakes, too:  they said it needs new brakes
It had one of those big things down under the cab, I think it's a Hydrovac
brake booster.  I've never seen one before, just pictures a while back.
seat in good shape, I want it myself....
aftermarket temp and fuel gauges
long diamond plate steel flat bed.  It was a refridgerated van originally, but
converted to flat bed
dented right fender
tires usable but not much tread, duals on back, 6 lug wheels, 9R-22.5
Tag expired Dec. '79
VIN:  6V59O167196

They need the bids by 9/13/02 (no minimum)
Email to Jenny Clark:  jennyc@norpac.com
Questions:  Ray Porter   503-769-2104 X150

Hope somebody can use it!

Ed Miller
'58 Apache Short Fleetside