[oletrucks] survey of high-speed options

To: lloydt@Colorado.EDU
Subject: [oletrucks] survey of high-speed options
From: Spinningroach@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:33:31 EDT
Hi there!

Here's what I just read this morning on page 12 of Classic Trucks Magazine,
september issue :

Getting in gear

" Having overdrive in your classic truck can determine wether it's a limited
range, around -town cruiser or a highway flyer that's comfortable at 75 mph.
And with the V2OD from Chrisman's California Gear, you no longer have to swap
transmissions to get that extra gearing. Specifically designed for hot rod
and pro-street-type vehicles, the V2OD simply replaces the transmission
tailhousing. Then, with the pull of a handle, your 4.88:1 rearend gear
becomes a 3.90:1 ratio with the 20 percent unit, or a 3.41:1 with the 30
percent unit. The unit is sturdy, too, weighting in at 45 pounds and designed
to handle more than 500 lb-ft of torque. For more information, contact
Chrisman's California Gear, 1321 South Lewis St., Dept. CT, Anaheim, CA
92805; (800) 449-GEAR"

I haven't tried it, and I don't know the price, but an efficient overdrive
sure is another option... (with my 327, Powerglide, and original '56 rearend
combo you know what I'm talking about...)...JP