[oletrucks] re: 55 clip take-off

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] re: 55 clip take-off
From: "Ryan Border" <rborder@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:12:53 -0600
Mark-

I've never done it this way; but I think you can do it with 8 bolts- 4 on
each side:

1) Lower rear bolt securing the inner fender to the lower part of the
floorboard on the cab.
2) Bottom bolt securing back lower corner of front fender to bottom front
corner of cab (below the door hinges).
3) Rear-most bolt along top of front fender, securing top/rear of front
fender to cab.
4) Upside-down carriage bolt securing radiator to frame.

With these bolts (and all radiator hoses/lines) removed, I think you (and a
strong friend) should be able to slide the entire front clip (inner fenders,
outer fenders, grille, grille surrounds, radiator and radiator support)
forward off of the frame.

Somebody tell him if I'm lying ;-)

Ryan.