Re: [oletrucks] A rally Good weekend

To: "Carl Cooley" <carcooley@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] A rally Good weekend
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 22:29:22 -0400
Carl,

Congratulations on getting your "Jimmy" fired up!

Your brake drums are full of grease because the seal inside the torque tube
is leaking, letting tranny lube into the rear end, which overflows into the
axle housing, and then into the brake drums. Get an Okie bushing repair kit
from Jim Carter's. A shop manual would be a good idea too. Yes, you have to
pull the rear cover to remove the C-clips so the axles will come out. Check
the seal surface on the axle for pitting, if so get repair sleeves for the
axles, otherwise the new seals will still leak. Your tranny and U-joint may
well be dry because all the lube has leaked out, they share the same lube.

Jack / Winter Park FL