[oletrucks] Does your door latch look like this?

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Does your door latch look like this?
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:41:11 -0700
On my '53, I got new door latches from the Truck Shop.  The part that comes
through the hole on the inside for the door remote just barely comes
through.  It is almost flush with the door.  I looked at an original on
another door, and it comes through a little more.  Is it just because its
cheap aftermarket parts?  Anyone have any luck with other vendors?  Once I
put the door remote on, it rubbs all the paint off around the hole because
its not sticking out enough.