Re: [oletrucks] Bell Housing

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <AnOld55Truck@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bell Housing
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:12:38 -0400
If memory serves me the 3 speed bell housing has a smaller hole for the
input shaft than the 4 speed, however they bolt to the engine the same.
Also Truck bell housings only have one large bolt hole on each side for the
side mount while cars used two small bolts on each side.

The automatic transmissions (cast iron Power Glides) needed a cast iron
adapter.  I don't know when this setup was changed.  I think a modern trans
will bolt right up if you have the correct fly wheel.  If I am wrong I am
sure someone will correct me  :)

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland