Re: [oletrucks] GM V8 Engine questions

To: "BORDER,RYAN \(HP-FtCollins,ex1\)" <ryan_border@hp.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] GM V8 Engine questions
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:28:10 -0700
Regarding the big-block small-block question, the simple answer is yes.  But
it may not be quite that simple.  If I remember correctly some of both motor
types are externally balanced.  The significance is that while your flywheel
or flex-plate might bolt up correctly, it could still be wrong.

I once installed a powerglide from an early big block impala in a pickup
behind a small block.  It worked that time.  Unfortunately I sold that
cherry '66 Chevy 20 years ago...