Re: [oletrucks] Fw: rear end 355 or ?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fw: rear end 355 or ?
From: TOUCANMAN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:18:01 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/02 1:32:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
givens@hal-pc.org writes:

<< If there are better gears to go for, who do I buy them from...
 Is 355 best thing to do?
 thanks for any info
 ron givens >>
Ron, if you want to keep your original motor/enclosed torque tube set up, i
think this is the best option to increase top end speeds.Patric's at ph 520
836 1117 makes and sells the 3.55:1units.you might as well get it from the
manufacterer or who else better to answer your questions.i installed one in a
53 gmc truck with a 228 motor and a 3 speed trans....you do lose a bit  of
bottom end, not much.but it realy makes up for it on the freeway...here in
california you cant even get places unless you take a freeway.with these
gears im actualy passing cars.its a bit pricy for the unit and all the new
bearings and gaskets...once you get past that you will be pleased.....if your
going to get the whole enchilada ask Patric for a courtesy discount he gave
me something like ten percent off and that paid for the $60.00 speedo gear
adapter.....steve