[oletrucks] Group opinion on rebuild or replace 235

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Group opinion on rebuild or replace 235
From: LonG4VT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 01:44:37 EDT
The 50 1/2 ton I bought came with a 1960 235 engine in it.  The engine needs
to be rebuilt or replaced.  If I replace it, what would be the best engine to
put back in and which is the better way to go (replace or rebuild)?  I don't
have the set up right now to rebuild it myself, so I would need to send it
out.

Also, I may just switch the truck over to 12 volts, I like idea of 6 volts,
but if I need to rewire the truck anyway . . .

Would switching to 12 volts make your advise on the new motor different?

I really value your opinions and could use the help.

Lon
Los Angeles
1950 1/2 ton AD