[oletrucks] just philosophizing...

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] just philosophizing...
From: "Castens" <redsfast@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:04:13 -0400
I got an email earlier called "seasoned citizens" containing several
humorous philosophies on aging  Then I went out back to the old truck and
had a long conversation with "her" while massaging some of her aches and
pains away...

Since "she" and I are about the same age, several of the email jokes could
apply to either of us. I just came back in and paraphrased "our
conversation" and the email into this:      (my apologies  and thanks  to
the original (unknown) authors)

Taking a lesson from the "ol' girl", after bragging on her age and beauty
(in my eyes), I guess Ive finally reached that point when Im going to stop
lying about my age, accept it, and start bragging myself.  Needing a degree
to calculate the "her" front end today, I dreamed of going back to my youth
(then, calculating my wife's "front end") - when I remembered "Algebra"
and tried to calculate how old I would be if I didn't know how old I was
only to find that all I can do anymore is just add  (more) mileAGE...

On lifes "road", "She" and I sometimes run into friends who are trying to
turn back their "odometers". Not us. We decided we want people to know why
we look this way. We've both traveled a long way and only a few of our roads
were paved. We know that our mileAGE has (more and more frequently) caused
some of our parts to either dry up or leak  or get rusty and creak
sometimes being replaced. And we remember that our mileAGE did not come
smoothly or "automatic-ally", rather as a succession of shifting jerks.

What "she" and I dont know is how we got over the hill  since we both ran
out of gas before getting to the top

Unless it was that "shortcut" we took  because, as we got older, fewer
things seem worth waiting in line for, and the hill keeps getting taller,
and neither "she" nor I have reliable ignition, speed or power to stay in
the fast lane any longer.