Re: [oletrucks] 57 steering box help

To: <the_hams@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <NSurles@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 57 steering box help
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 21:53:13 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)
I had set-up this box with parts like kit's and mounted on outside forwar=
frame rail. YES, you do have to bore or cut a hole in the inner fender to
have shaft get thru. Think now, box on OUTside of frame, Column on IN sid=
of frame, with the inner fender between them. I used a late column and us=
the orig style collapsable shaft that had u-joint on it and ends to fit
column and box splines. Out of an Impala or bigger truck or something and
you need a pitman arm off the Impala too that is straight. Seems you have=
grind out the wide spline inside it to pass over box splines as in diff s=
pot
than original was. I have an adjustable link and the flat metal steering =
arm
like in kits if anyone's interested. I can send pix of parts.=0D
=0D
G. L. Perry=0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D