[oletrucks] Re: Radials for '51 3100

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Radials for '51 3100
From: Dave <dave@juniorbaseball.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:23:38 -0700
Jerry:

On Dusty's '50 GMC half-tonner, we bolted up a set of five-spoke "Panther"
alloy wheels, silver-painted, 15 inchers. In front are 7-inch, in back
8-inch wide. We put on BF Goodrich T/A Radials, P265 60R-15 in back, P235
70R-15 in front as the stock (Armstrong) steering would be pretty heavy with
too much wider. But since Dusty plays baseball, the added upper body workout
actually is a bonus. The change in "attitude" was dramatic and very cool.
And handling-wise, it tracks straight and true, rides beautifully, corners
better than the stock tires/wheels, and rivals any Lexus for comfort...well,
maybe that's going a wee bit too far....but he's delighted.

By the way, gang, I'm on the last coat of Urethane for the bed wood, and we
hopefully bolt it in this weekend. As soon as it's done (and the resotration
completed), I'll do a full photo session on the truck and post it for you
all to see.

Dave Destler
'50 GMC