[oletrucks] What good is that little spring on the upper door hinge good

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] What good is that little spring on the upper door hinge good
From: SurfDudeSC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:05:46 EDT
So I'm rebuilding my door hinges on my 57 GMC 1/2 ton and notice a spring
about 1/2" diameter and 2 1/2" long.  I see the one "hook" on the hinge where
one end of the spring hooks but where in the world does the other end hook.
Nothing in my service manual and nothing in the factory assembly manual shows
it.  So the question is where does the other end hook and what good is it?
Any info appreciated.  David