Re: [oletrucks] tranny/rear end

To: "John Howard" <debjonjd@vianet.ca>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tranny/rear end
From: mark <ccpanel@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:56:10 -0800
thank you. im always updating my site as best i can.
i have a 80 transam 3.42 10bolt 8.5"ring gear rear end(posi-of
course!)255/60-15 i used the smae type as the TA but instead i used 76
skylark springs-they are the same dimensions but teh skylarks had 7
leaves-stronger for the 2000# that goes back there. i also had to install
quad airshocks... i love airshock. it makes my ride height the same no
matter what or who i have with me.
btw-i do have a few contacts in the WA and ID ares that hve panels or know
where they are.... =)
the front suspension is 77 camaro i welded in myself. pretty stock i put it
on up high to lower it then i cut 1/2 a coil (mistake).
the axle i have under my 52gmc is a 69 chevelle 12 bolt 3.31 with 235/75-15,
it also uses camaro springs and i have a 4" backspace on both trucks on 8"
wheels in the rear. 7" up front with 4" bkspc on the truck and 4 3/4" bckspc
on the panel to clear the fenders. the 52 is stock front end with disc
conversion.
you can get rear springs and axles like the camaro off any of the following
cars:
buick skylark and like
olds cutlass? and like
camaro, TA, firebird, nova.... almost any chevy rear leaf car from 73/4-81
hope this helps!!
mark

At 02:38 PM 2/24/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Mark:  Love your site...because I love panels...I live 500 mile north of
>Toronto,  way up in the
>north...Sudbury, Ontario, Canada....You know the sad thing Mark our dam
>dollar is worth nothing
>1/2 the price of yours...it makes it very difficult to want things like that
>beautiful panel your sitting
>on..I've always wanted a panel...but I have to do with what I have..53-
>5window 1/2 ton chevy..
>Can you tell me what rear-end you have under that panel..and do you think it
>would go under my
>53...And did you leave the front end the same?...another thing that I have
>heard is that if a Canadian
>should buy an old vehicle from the USA..that we must need an ownership and
>all the correct papers..
>They also give us a hassle if the vehicle come in a basket...So I wish you
>lived down the road maybe
>then I could get my panel...but remember...$3000.00 American is $4500.00
>Canadian..that hurts.
>Thanks in advance......john from Canada..

  http://pweb.jps.net/~woodson
51 panel rod
52 GMC 1/2T
20 more AD trucks