Re: [oletrucks] Have a dum question

To: AnOld55Truck@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Have a dum question
From: Bill Bailey <billb1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:53:31 -0500
At 01:21 PM 2/17/2002 EST, AnOld55Truck@aol.com wrote:

>       I see the letters AD & IFS used a lot in these groups. Can someone
>tell me what it means.

AD - Advanced Design - the name given to Chevrolet trucks built from mid
1947 thru mid-1955, also known in some parts of the world by the somewhat
technically incorrect First Series Chevrolet.

TF - Task Force - the name given to Chevrolet trucks built from mid 1955
thru 1959. These are also known in some quarters as Second Series
Chevrolets. Again not entirely correct.
Both names refer to marketing slogans used by Chevrolet at the time of
their release.

IFS - Independent Front Suspension

Bill Bailey
Hagerstown, MD