Re: [oletrucks] 216 to 235 swap

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 to 235 swap
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:23:54 -0600
The 235 is a direct boltin for the old 216, but the process is a pain the
old you know what.  You have to take the front motor mount from the 216 and
put it on the 235.  Sounds easy, but you have to remove the pan, valve
assembly, lifters, and cam from both motors to get the job done.  Check out
the stovebolt homepage for a somewhat helpful tour of the process.  My dad
and I just did this about 10 months ago.  Hopefully you have a 235 with
full pressure oiling.

BobK
51 3600 5-window (project)
Arnaudville, LA

                    "Pete"

                    <gators_r_gr8@prodig        To:     "oletrucks"
<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
                    y.net>                      cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     [oletrucks] 216 to
235 swap
                    owner-oletrucks@auto

                    x.team.net

                    01/29/02 08:25 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Pete"

I'm thinking of swapping the 216 out of my '48 3/4ton to a 235.  Can anyone
tell me the advantages/disadvantages, difficulty with the swap, etc...

Thanks much,

Pete