RE: [oletrucks] Car Show in Houston this weekend

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Car Show in Houston this weekend
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:58:28 -0500
I don't live in Texas (thank GOD) but I do have to work there some (OK, OK,
the Caddo Lake area of northeast Texas is not too bad).

In Texas they have made all of the smaller roads "Farm to Market" (FM)
roads and given them a number.  I don't think that anything really changed
except that a lot of people in the state government probably wasted a LOT
of time developing the idea, the highway department spent a LOT of money
changing all of the signs, and the person who originally thought it up was
probably given a big fat bonus.  You can sometimes find some pretty neat
old trucks on the FMs.  Just my 2 cents worth.

BobK (Arkansas native)
51 3600 5-window (project)
Arnaudville, LA

                    "Jhouse"

                    <jhouse@ccsol.com>          To:
<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    owner-oletrucks@auto        Subject:     RE: [oletrucks]
Car Show in Houston
                    x.team.net                  this weekend

                    09/28/01 02:42 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Jhouse"

What is an FM - is this Texas talk?

I am going to be in San Antonio, November 7-12 - do you know of any shows
then?

NHJim