Re: [oletrucks] drano and water acid bath?

To: jls <jls@seavcom.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] drano and water acid bath?
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:54:12 -0400
I've never actually tried it, but says it would be a slow process.
Personally i'd use a regular paint stripper instead of this method. If its
small parts you can get them bead or sand blasted, here in town the owners
of the monument company is a member of our local street rod club, they do a
lot of sand blasting for us old roddres and cheap too..  Might want to give
that a thought or check out the yellow pages, you'd be suprised and how
cheap you can get a bunch of small items blasted.  --wayne

At 10:40 AM 9/25/01 -0700, jls wrote:
>Has anyone else on the list tried the drano and acid bath described on the
>chevytrucks.org web site.
>
>I've got one brewing in my garage right now.
>It's incredibly slow.
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>-JLS
>
>I'm climbing for the American Lung Association
>http://www.pledgepage.com/jls
>Please sign the guest book

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup