Re: [oletrucks] Panel Hinges

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Panel Hinges
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 06:51:27 -0700
> Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 08:22:03 -0500
> From: "Robert Welch" <rwelch@bartnet.net>
> Subject: [oletrucks] Panel Hinges
>
> Anyone on the list have a 55-57 Panel they can take a pic of the mounting
> position of the rear door stays for me?  Particularly how they bolt up to
> the jamb area.  I am missing the scissor hinges (door stays) and have seen a
> couple of pairs supposedly for these Panels but they would not bolt up to my
> Panel.  I understand there are some subtle differences between the Panel and
> Suburban also.  Thanks for the help.
>
> Bob Welch
> Bartlesville, OK
> '56 Cameo
> '55 Belair
> '54 5-window AD
> '56 Panel

Bob--

Did you look in the assembly manual?  I think it has some
pics...although my copy is in the garage right now, and I'm not ready to
go outside this early in the morning.

The "subtle difference" is that the Panel doors will open all the way,
so you can back the truck up to a loading dock.  The Suburban doors do
not open as far.  I have a 3106 Suburban, with doors.  I'd like to get
the panel stays for it   :)

Jim F
59s in AZ