Re: [oletrucks] Dead Battery

To: aa82nd@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dead Battery
From: "J.O. Williams" <jow@techbase.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:31:46 -0600 (MDT)
".  I have jumped my 6 volt with a 12 volt several
times with no problem.  Seems to me that a discussion on changing
the 6 to 12 volt converstion said that the 6 volt starter could
be used because all that happened was the electric moter only
ran faster under 12 volts.  Gauges and bulbs would or could
be damaged at the higher voltage though.

Covering the battery with a cloth would keep exploding parts
from spraying the passengers seat (and you) as one person has
had experienced.

J.O. Williams
51 GMC 5 window