Re: [oletrucks] Adjusting the cowl vent

To: "Jeff Clark" <clark@wmis.net>, "Truck List"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Adjusting the cowl vent
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 09:29:21 -0700
Yes the top hinges for the vent are supposed to move.  Spray them with some
good lubricant to free them up!

All the bolts for mounting the vent and the adjustment lever to vent arm are
a small carriage type of bolt.

When you free up the hinges the first thing you'll want to do is have the
vent fully closed against the new vent seal before securing the bolts to the
hinges.  Then you can bolt the hinge arm to the vent lever below to get the
vent to seal tight against the seal when closed.

Joe