Re: [oletrucks] Ins

To: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Ins
From: "Andrew S. Kaplan" <akaplan@kaplanbond.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:50:43 -0400
Insuring an old truck will vary from state to state.  If you just go to
insure the truck, many states will only insure if for the state's department
of revenue book value.  If you want to insure the truck for a stated value,
some states require you to have the vehicle appraised by a certified
appraiser.  The insurance company will then take that appraisal and issue
insurance for the "stated value", which is also the basis for the amount of
you premiums.  Hope this helps.