[oletrucks] rochester jets

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] rochester jets
From: vwbus@ckoon.org (craig k)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:29:23 -0500
While looking in my master parts catalog 1929-50 I found the following:

1950 all 216s  -  main (standard): 7002651
1950 all 216s -   main (lean): 7002650
1950 all 216s  -   main (1 step rich): 7002652

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess those last 2 digits are the jet size;
this would make a 51 the stock jet, and the 50 I am running one size lean.
Those of you running 48s are skatin' on thin ice :)
Actually, I'm willing to bet that ALL our jets are a little larger than
stamped after all these years. To paraphrase that Chevy commercial, 10
million gallons of Texas tradition running through a little bit of brass
will eventually wear it some!

I ran the truck on the highway, and when I got back I had CLEAN (I mean,
CLEAN) electrodes and a small ring of soot around the rim (drove a mile to
my house instead of looking at plugs on off ramp).
These plugs were brand new. I'm gonna keep a close eye on the plugs, and if
they don't start looking tan, then yes, a 50 is too lean.

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe