Re: [oletrucks] napa parts list

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] napa parts list
From: RobertHeil@hellausa.com
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:21:42 -0400
FYI to the list about NAPA, (as well as most large replacement parts
distributors).  There are many companies out there who make it their
business to Reproduce original OEM parts.  Many of the original OEM
suppliers owned the original tooling to produce these parts and continue to
supply the aftermarket; ie: NAPA and others.  In either case, contracts to
supply these parts are bid out on 3-5 years contracts to all manufacturers
who can guarantee to meet the original part specifications.  As has been
noted, the parts may look a little different from different manufacturers,
but must function identically (or better).  If they don't, the warranty
return costs from NAPA can get pretty ugly to the supplier.

If you have any questions about the parts supply chain, either Original
Equipment or Aftermarket, just give me a hollar.  I've been living the
madness for almost 20 years.

Bob

'51 3600 in pieces