[oletrucks] Camaro rearends

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Camaro rearends
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:14:45 -0700
Hi...thanks for posting my old email again, Wayne!

The 82-newer Camaros are wider than the older ones,
so you should stick with the 70-81 models.  The
75-79 Nova uses the same rear as these older
Camaros, I believe.   The 68-74 Nova chassis is the
same as a 67-69 Camaro; the 75-79 Nova chassis is
the same as the 70-81 Camaro.

The 82-newer Camaros used the small 7.5" rearend
design that the 78-newer Malibu/Monte
Carlo/regal/cutlass etc used, but it's quite a bit
wider.  Some of the 82-newer Camaros used different
rearends, such as the Dana 44, and some wierd
Australian rearend.

Of course, if you want to make sure, get out your
tape measure and check yourself!  I may be wrong
:)

Jim Forbes
59s in AZ