Re: [oletrucks] 1955 2nd Series seat

To: tomntam@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1955 2nd Series seat
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:46:36 EDT
tomntam@earthlink.net writes:

<< I have a 1955 2nd Series truck and I need some information on a seat that
 will fit in it without much modification, if such a seat exists.  If some
 one could give me the measurments from the seat cushion to the floor I would
 appreciate it. I was told that the length was 51 inches and the depth is
 around 21 inches. Some one told me that a 86 Silverado seat would work, but
 I havn't looked to see.
 Thanks for any and all help,
            Tom >>

  Hey Tom,

  Glad to see you made it to the list.

  One correction though...I had measured my seat at 55inches across, not
51inches.

  Going by memory here (I'll measure later today to get a better idea for
you) but the seat is about 8 inches thick, and sits up about 3 inches on the
seat rails, so in the neighborhood of 11-12 inches from the floor to the top
of the front of the seat...it also get a bit narrower towards the back of the
seat.

  The main thing is not to get one that's too deep with a thick seat
back...there's plenty of room up top in these trucks, but the leg room is
limited.  Ofcourse, if it too wide, it won't work either.

  Mike