Re: [oletrucks] out side mirror locations

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] out side mirror locations
From: TOUCANMAN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:24:46 EST
In a message dated 2/27/01 7:36:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Pastorjon994@cs.com writes:

<< I placed my mirror by looking at as many catalogs and publications as I
could
 find and eyeballing it.  I know that I have to be pretty close if not right
 on.  Another big help was Wayne Osbornes Web site with all the truck
pictures
 listed.

hello all, when i went thru this i called around and found out for 47 to 53
that there are two layers of metal for support in that area of the truck the
inner layer has been drilled by the factory. to see this remove the cardboard
glove box and you will see what i mean. then make a small punch mark from the
inside and redo it from the outside and then drill your hole ....that is the
factory location.......Steve
1953 GMC 102-22