Re: [oletrucks] 6 12 V Battery, best of both worlds, 8volts

To: stovebolt@classictruckshop.com (Rick Warren)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6 12 V Battery, best of both worlds, 8volts
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:29:02 -0500 (EST)
Rick -

I ran an 8 volt battery for about a year in my 216 powered '49. I have
since switched to a 12v alternator on a 235ci.  The 8V battery probably
is the easiest answer to slow starts and dull lights.  I got mine a the
local Batteries Plus store.  I think it is a MV8 model.  It is just a
four cell version of the 3 cell 6V battery.  You don't have to change
your generator or any of your gauges, light bulbs, etc.  I think I
remember someone on this list who said they adjusted the voltage
regulator but I did nothing but switch from a 6V battery to an 8V
battery.  I never had a problem with the 8V battery being charged with
the 6V generator. In fact I still have the battery in my garage if you
want to come to Moline and get it sometime.  I'll make you a deal you
can't refuse.

Tom

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.