Re: [oletrucks] Neutral safety switch & S-10 frame swap update

To: "Andy Johns" <andy51chevy@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Neutral safety switch & S-10 frame swap update
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:01:53 -0800
I've installed a few of the Ron Francis neutral safety switches on vehicles
that didn't have a provision for them on the column and they work great.

The Ron Francis neutral safety switch is basically a column shift neutral
safety switch that's mounted to an L-shaped bracket that has a lever that
pivots in the center on the side of the L-shaped bracket while one end
attaches to the lower tab on the neutral safety switch and the other end
attaches to the shifter linkage on the transmission.

The L-shaped bracket bolts to the transmission case with two 1/4" bolts in
place of two of the 5/16" pan bolts.

All you do is place your shifter in neutral and line up an alignment hole on
the neutral safety switch to place the switch in neutral and bolt the
shifter lever down to lock the switch to the shifter and it's adjusted.

The ball switch is o.k. but with the other Neutral safety switch you also
have the option to hook up a back-up light later on down the line.

Joe Garcia
http://50chevy.freeservers.com/