Re: [oletrucks] back spacing/wheel size on 3100 w/front pdb

To: <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] back spacing/wheel size on 3100 w/front pdb
From: "Jon Elerath" <jelerath@home.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:12:52 -0800
I bought the ChevyDuty kit for my 53-3100.  It worked pretty well.  In my
case, the spacer allows the outer wheel bearing race to go onto the axle so
far that the id interferes with the taper of the axle before the all the
slop is out of the bearings.  This means, as i tighten the axle nut it
becomes tight, but there is still a bit too much play in the wheel (I don't
know if this makes sense.  I find it difficult to explain without a
picture).  I also had some interference between the caliper and the tie rod
end on the drivers side.

But I was certainly able to get the nut on far enough to get the cotter pin
thru.

My calipers rotors, etc. are from a 77 Camaro.
Jon