Re: [oletrucks] What type of bolt?

To: "Mark A. Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] What type of bolt?
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:35:54 -0800
Hi Mark,
Although it isn't marked, I believe these particular bolts are grade 8, and
they require a 12 point socket to get a hold of them correctly.  I have an
extra power steering box out in the garage and that is what I'm basing this on.
>I'm finishing up the installation of a '73 Cheyenne crossmember onto my '55
>1st.  I want to take off the rag joint on the Cheyenne steering box.
>Problem, it has a weird pinch bolt in it, holding the rag joint to the
>steering shaft.  it looks kinda like a Torx driver.  Can any of you tell me
>what kind of bolt it is?

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer      e-mail -->bfischer@utm.net