[oletrucks] retro tpi

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] retro tpi
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:21:56 EST
Periodically use of the GM TPI small block in our old trucks comes up.  I
like the gas mileage and hp numbers off of these engines but would really
prefer something that looks retro. . .

. . .I notice that the March issue of Classic Trucks has an article on an
engine build that includes a unit from Street and Performance that is pretty
close to what I had in mind.  It looks a little like the 57-62 version of the
Vette mechanical EFI. . .too bad they didn't do the 63-65 units as they
would've much prettier.  The intake inlet is on the front like the 85-91 TPI
units and not on the left side like the old vettes, but it's close.

Mark Noakes
Knoxville, TN
58/56 Chevy Suburban 2wd 350 V8 3speed w/OD in progress
59 GMC Suburban V8/Hydramatic looking for a NAPCO kit  and a V8, destined for
straight stock resto