Re: [oletrucks] Motor Mounts

To: bob_keeland@usgs.gov, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Motor Mounts
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:45:34 EST
In a message dated 02/13/2001 7:55:49 AM Mountain Standard Time,
bob_keeland@usgs.gov writes:

<< When I got my 51 it came with a 3-piece tubular motor mount that had not
 been installed.  The two end pieces slide over the main tube and have holes
 in the end flanges so that they can be bolted to the frame.  I was looking
 at the it in relation to the width of the frame and the tube is MUCH wider
 that the frame.  Is it normal for these mounts to be too wide and need to
 be cut down to fit?  Or, perhaps I have the wrong mount???  Anyone have any
 thoughts on this? >>

I had to shorten the main tube on my "universal" mount for my 48, and almost
had to shorten the end pieces. However, it did fit, and now that I've welded
the ends to the center tube, it contributes to frame stiffness. That helps
compensate for removal of the original bellhousing crossmember. Anyway, no
problem. It is a "universal" mount, after all!