[oletrucks] 700R4 Overdrive & Original 235

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, cen36932@centuryinter.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 700R4 Overdrive & Original 235
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 00:46:17 EST
In a message dated 2/10/2001 8:45:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,

<< Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 23:10:31 -0500
 From: "Edward T. Dingo" <cen36932@centuryinter.net>
 Subject: [oletrucks] 350th or 700R4 in a TF?

 I have a 57 3100, '68 327 to be installed very soon. Can get a 350th,
 rebuilt, with new convertor, for $200. That is the route I had planned
 on. My son told me tonight he knows of a guy, 17 years in the tranny
 re-building business, who has 700R4s, rebuilt, for $300, with warranty.
 I am planning in the future to go to later model rear, lower
 numerically, for milage and 5 bolt wheels to go with disks and 5 bolt
 fronts. Anyone out there who has gone the 700R4 route give me some info
 on this swap? Will universal tubular tranny mount for 350th work with
 the o/d trans? Seem to have read a magazine article on the swap, but
 don't remember where or when. Giving away my age. If I get the o/d for 3
 hunnert, how much more $, and for specifically what items, will I need ?

   Any and all info, input, tips, and tricks are appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

 P.S. May have an orig. 6 cyl, 3 speed stick available  for sale or swap.

 Ed in Mich
 '57 3100
 oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959 >>

**********************************

Ed, here is a website with good 700R4 info: <A HREF="http://www.700r4.com/";>
700R4 OVERDRIVES</A>  or  www.700r4.com

Regarding that original 6 and 3-speed, remember the local members of the
Vintage Chevrolet Club Of America who are always looking for good original
running gear.  The club lists a contact in MI as: Dennis Reinke in Bay City.
Send e-mail to:  wdavenport@ameritech.net

Thanks,

      Dennis McGillis
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America