[oletrucks] '49 216 AD Survey - what carb do you use?

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '49 216 AD Survey - what carb do you use?
From: Holly and Chris Mills <scmills@tntech.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 22:14:20 -0600
I've got a Zenith that I am installing on my '49 3100 216 cu.in and the one
I took off was a Carter W-1. I think a family parts truck parked 90 miles
from here may have a Rochestor on it.

What does you truck have on it?

(I anticipate so really creative answers mixed with the info that I really
need.)

I'm trying to see what my truck should have and what these carbs may have
the left the factory bolted to.

How many different types of carbs did these old trucks come with? - 216
cu.in engines that is...

Lastly does the 235 engine use a carb with a larger throat - - none of the
FLAPS here carry the correct carb base gasket and I've gotten creative.

Thanks everyone for such good reading.

CHRIS in Tennessee
scmills@tntech.edu
ICQ: 5944649

'78 VW Westfalia (maybe some CIS injection,Corvair, turbos --- maybe I'm
just dreaming.....)
'65 Beetle (Type IV powered)
'99 CR-V 5 speed
'49 Chevy 3100 Pickup