[oletrucks] Re: Vendor Warning! Tri State Auto Show, Denver

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Vendor Warning! Tri State Auto Show, Denver
From: "Alan Lubow" <alosteo@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:29:45 -0700
Tri State Auto Show is here in Denver this weekend, 2/20/01 and 2/1/01.
Just a reminder to be aware of a vendor who may be there who has proven
himself to be a "bad apple."  Brad Schickterling owns the Colorado Truck
Shop in Englewood and has an eye catching yellow AD tow truck, and a display
of nice looking AD parts.  This is the guy who ripped me off last year.  As
part of a total restoration, I paid him to order and install "Patrick's"
rear end gears in my 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup.  Turned out that he had
never ordered the parts from Patrick's, and (he finally admitted to me much
later) put in some other gears from a TF truck instead that he thought would
work.  They didn't, and I had to pay a lot of money to undo the damage that
was done, and to have it fixed right.  I had other major problems with his
restoration of my truck too numerous to mention, but what he did to me with
the rear end was fraud, (and probably a felony).

We do have other local vendors we can support who have shown themselves to
be fair, honest and reliable; such as Mile High Classics.  Jim Carter's
isn't local, be they are great and should be at the show too.  Your choice!

Alan
l950 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup
Denver, CO